Cross stitched flowers
What you will need:
- a picture to convert to cross stitch
- tracing graph paper
- markers or coloured pencils
- a floss shade card
Original image (handpainted vintage postcard)
1. Choose a tracing graph paper which correspond in size to the fabric count you will use (the higher the count, the more detailed your design will be). You can download and print it here for free.
2. Lay the tracing graph paper over the image you would like to convert and redraw the image by colouring the grid squares.
3. Add backstitch lines, french knots or beads.
4. Use a shade card to match thread colours and make a simple chart key with thread numbers.
5. Now you can stitch your design!
Needlebook stitched on 32 count cream linen
… Digital Delivery …
This PDF contains 4 printable blank grids:
- 11 count Aida
- 14 count Aida and 28 count linen
- 16 count Aida and 32 count linen
- 18 count Aida and 36 count linen
You can print these grids on A4 white paper or tracing paper.
€ 0.00 – FREE! (DIGITAL DELIVERY)